Thursday, August 20, 2009

Report from FringeNYC #5

One of the things I love best about FringeNYC is that every time I see a show in the festival, without fail, I will always bump into at least one (and usually more than one) colleague. On Monday, when I saw Venus at the Flamboyan Theatre, I ran into Donna Jean Fogel and Becca Lindstrom, who were on their way out of the FringeNYC show they're appearing in, MoM-A Rock Concert Musical. On Tuesday, at American Jataka Tales, I chatted with playwright/director Vincent Marano (of Confirmation). And last night, at Candide Americana, I was delighted to run into nytheatre.com reviewer J Jordan, who was seeing the same show as a "civilian."

FringeNYC really is about community.

Ok, here are the truly worthy shows discovered by nytheatre.com's reviewers yesterday:

And now here's the list of the top five most-read FringeNYC reviews on nytheatre.com yesterday:

1. Pie-Face! The Adventures of Anita Bryant
2. VIRAL
3. Finger Paint
4. High Plains
5. And She Said, He Said, I Said Yes

No comments: