Friday, May 29, 2009

Lanford Wilson Visits T. Schreiber Studio

Last night, I had the pleasure of seeing the new production of Fifth of July at T. Schreiber Studio (my review will be on nytheatre.com soon). While I was there, I chatted with producing director Cat Parker and the show's director, Peter Jensen, who shared news with me about Lanford Wilson's visit to the Studio about a week earlier.

He loved the production; Cat sent me this quote from Mr. Wilson: "T. Schreiber Studio has presented one of the best productions of Fifth of July that I’ve witnessed in a long, long time. Peter Jensen and his cast have brought so much of this play to life – it’s funny, touching and provoking. I’m glad I got the opportunity to see it." Congratulations to all of the dedicated folks at T. Schreiber for this accolade -- Good News indeed. How terrific (though not really surprising) that a playwright of Mr. Wilson's stature and talent recognizes that indie theater is worth his and our time, a place where excellent work is the norm.

Cat shared a couple of photos that I am happy to post here:





The top image shows Lanford Wilson (right) with director Peter Jensen. The second features (top row): Michael W. Murray, David Villalobos, Jamie Neumann, Jonathan Orsini, Liz Richards, Edward Campbell; and (bottom row) Ellen Reilly, Terry Schreiber, Lanford Wilson, Peter Jensen, Lily DePaula, and Lucy Avery Brooke.

No comments: